Friday, January 29, 2010

What is blonde, loud, and weighs 1.2lbs more this week?

That's right people, it's me and let me tell you, this has been a crazy week for me! I haven't had time to keep up with my blog and I promised not to neglect it...see how I am? A big fat liar! I am so excited to see that I have new readers, especially excited to see those dots over there ==> on my cluster map!!! Woo hoo...even if some of them just accidentally stumbled across my blog looking or hoping for something else by the name of my blog, I don't care. I am still excited that I have people watching me on my journey this year! And a big thank you to my BFF April for referring her many readers to my page!

So what is new this week?...hmmm...well, I made it to the gym 4 times and am planning on going tomorrow morning with my sister. This is good, because I didn’t do so great at the scale yesterday. I gained 1.2 pounds...Not sure what is going on. I am looking at my daily food logs to see what my problem is. I'm sure it is salt...either way; I am trying my best not to let this small setback get me down. The mind is a cruel SOB sometimes and can have its way with your confidence. Because you KNOW I got out of the shower today and saw that 1.2 pounds right on my ass! Either that or my husband is playing a cruel joke and installed carnival freak show mirrors in my bathroom. He loves me like that...don't be jealous ladies...he is ALL mine.

I am going to be kind to myself and take a break this weekend to celebrate my "almost 40th" birthday on Sunday. That means anything I want for dinner and cake for dessert. I am going to take a hit next Thursday, but I will be o-kay because I know the following:
  1. I have exactly one year from Sunday to lose 33 pounds- TOTALLY doable... 
  2. I have already lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks, so I am WAY ahead of the game and a piece of cake isn't going to make me gain 8 pounds 
  3. I am still motivated by the support of my friends and family, and the feeling of my pants being loose on my hips 
  4. Because I am a stubborn ass and refuse to fail on this journey
  5. 1.2 pounds isn't the end of the world. It could just be water and I will pee it out before next weigh in right?
  6. My birthday only comes once a year, and I can celebrate anyway I want to! This year, I choose sushi and saki bombers and hopefully a little action with my husband afterwards!
  7. A new motivator was introduced this week when my oldest niece asked me to be her Matron of Honor in September. WOO HOO!!! I am so excited I cannot see straight...And being able to fit into that slinky red number, is motivation enough for me!!!
 That's all for now...I need to go and pay some attention to my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment