Sunday, January 31, 2010

So I am Officially 39...Yee Haw!

Happy birthday to me! Today is my "almost 40" birthday. I am 39, feel like I am 29, and am so excited for this year!! The last year of my 30's.... The last year before I have to check a new box on surveys...The last year I will be able to say I am in my 30's and not be lying. My 30's have been my favorite decade. I love me in my 30's. I feel like my life began in my 30's. I became a parent. I grew up. I am more successful. I am no longer insecure. I am strong. I am confident. I am sexy as hell. Yes, I have loved my 30's. I am excited for this year because I think my 40's are only going to bring more of the same greatness. And like I have ranted about for the last month, I will start the next decade of my life much healthier, definitely much more fit, and damn sure not wearing the same size.

My friends and family have made this birthday special for me in so many ways. It has been a GREAT birthday weekend. My celebration actually started Friday night with sushi and drinks at happy hour with my girlfriend and then continued last night with a date night.


Because my husband loves me, or because it was my birthday and he had to, he took me to see It's Complicated with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. I we laughed our asses off! It was a great movie and even better that my husband had to admit that I was right and it didn't suck! And I ate popcorn and Junior Mints...(remember, I was off the WW wagon this weekend, though I DID go to Body Pump yesterday morning and ate well ALL day)...

We then met my BFF sister and her husband for teppanyaki, sushi and saki bombers! I'm petrified to even try to add up how many points that dinner was; I wouldn't even know where to start! We had a blast and I wasn’t the only person at the table celebrating a birthday. Of course my birthday mate was 13 years younger than me! I remember what I did for my 26th birthday and I remember being so hung over the next day that I spent the day in the bathroom while the Denver Broncos beat the Atlanta Falcons in Superbowl XXXIII...yeah, I had to look that one up, but still...I remember...

Anyway, we ended the night with coffee and dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. This is what I ate...it was so delicious and I am not the biggest chocolate fan. However, German Chocolate cake is my FAVORITE cake ever. For those of you WW fans, you will be so proud of me that I didn't eat even half of it. I ate several delicious bites and brought the rest home for my son! How cute is the plate?





Anyhoo...I had a fantastic night and a great day today. I had breakfast made for me, went shopping with my sister and spent a couple gift certificates I received for my birthday. Look what I bought:

For those of you who know me, you know I am a huge Brighton fan. The earrings match the necklace one of my employees bought me for Christmas and the bracelet is something I can wear everyday on my watch wrist. So, for those of you who gave me GC, they went to VERY good use today! THANK YOU! Not to mention this little beauty perched on the middle finger of my right hand. My baby sister gave me this:

I am so proud of my husband too. He is so NOT on board with the whole gift certificate thing, he thinks it is impersonal, and I love him for that. What is so great is that he actually went to my nail place and bought me a gift certificate for a pedicure. He DOES pay attention! I am also very excited for my Women's Health magazine subscription and iTunes gift card. Thank you baby!!

The highlight of my entire day was having my 70 year old father call me and sing Happy Birthday to me. I feel so loved, very spoiled, and oh so happy today!

Thanks to all of you for making my birthday great. NOW, onto my 365 day countdown. It is officially on like Donkey Kong starting today! Um....okay...starting tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, sounds like you had the perfect day.....wishing you much success on your weight loss....I stay on track everyday too.....went to WW as a child.....have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete