Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The "goal" Changing Interview

So I went to a Bodyflow class at the gym last night. It is basically a combination of yoga, tai chi, and Pilates and it isn't as easy as you would think. This is the class my husband calls "fake" yoga because it is at the gym and not a yoga studio...who cares the venue, this class kicks your ass from the inside out.... I was proud of myself just for making it to the parking lot.. not to mention how incredible I felt after an hour of balancing, stretching and twisting my body into shape for 60 minutes! It felt great, I felt great!

During the meditation portion of class, I was thinking of how happy I have been the last few days. Just having something to focus on and look forward to, to distract me, has been refreshing. Then my thoughts drifted to how I was going to go about actually accomplishing losing 40 pounds. It is easy to say "I'm gonna lose 40 pounds"...doing it, well, that is something altogether different. I mean, that is A LOT of weight people...it is a 6 year old. I was thinking that once I take it off, I need to KEEP it off and how was I going to do that?? It started to become a little overwhelming thinking about it. There is a reason they say "take it one day at a time"...because the overall picture is just too damn scary. At that moment, I realized I am going to need someone to help me with a plan, to keep me motivated, focused, to kick my ass into shape...I also realized this Tony Robbins, Arnold Schwarzenegger kind of help wasn't going to be cheap.

I met with a trainer and shared my goals, my honest goals with him. We did the numbers, weight, height, body fat% (mine is 32%)!!! He told me the outrageous cost(I will keep you posted on the conversation I need to have with my husband about that)...The cost didn't disturb me...I WANT to be healthy, I WANT to be in shape, and let's face it, I WANT to look good naked! None of that disturbed me as much as this....the trainer balked at my 40 pound goal! Not because he thinks I need to lose more... I would have kicked HIS ass for that...no he thinks I will be TOO lean if I lose 40 pounds. That I should focus on bringing down my body fat to less than 20%...to not focus on the number of pounds, but the number of inches. I know what you are thinking "what's the problem?" and trust me, it isn't the problem. I get all of that! I honest to God believe it. I don't give a rats how much I actually lose, as long as I meet my three goals above! No, the part that bothered me was that I was so excited about my tag line "40 before I am 40". It is clever, it sounds good, it has a ring to it....people get it! So on my way home last night, I tried this one out... "Lose 40 pounds or 14% body fat before I am 40"....just doesn't quite roll off of the tongue does it? :)
No matter...I am ON track! I am motivated and have taken it one day at a time, and 4 days have already passed!!! I have met all of my nutrition goals. Obviously met my water intake goals. Have tracked everything I have eaten… and worked out twice this week..I am o-kizzay...
First weigh in of the year is tomorrow...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment