Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shhhh....

Don't tell my husband, but I am having an affair with another man...... He is amazing too! He motivates me. He is hard. He pushes me. He gets my heart beating well into my target heart rate zone...He excites me. I cannot wait to see him every morning...or at least every Tuesday and Thursday and twice on the weekend.


Who is this man you might ask? Well his name is Les Mills and he has created the most incredible suite of fitness classes offered at my gym! Body Pump, Body Flow, Body Step....oooh, I get hot and sweaty just thinking about it.

What are these classes you ask? Well, they are ass kicking workouts played out to incredible music by the best fitness instructors. I LOVE them. I am addicted to them. I have been doing them for a little over two weeks and I am already feeling stronger! Body Pump is an all over cardio weight training class that makes you limp and groan when you sit down for a couple of days...Body Flow is a combo Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates class that makes me feel incredible. and Body Step.....well let's just say I burned 700 calories and earned 8 activity points in one 60 minute class!...

There are actually quite a few different classes, but I have only tried these three. I needed to test them out to make sure I didn't kill myself or worse, look like a total dumbass in a class full of experts. But now that I have these three down...next week, I am going to try and mix it up....gonna get crazy and add Body Combat, a workout that resembles kickboxing, and RPM which is a spin class.

Tomorrow is my next weigh in...and I'm feeling great and hoping for a loss. I had a couple of challenges this week as my client was in town which generally means a two day gorge fest. BUT, I am proud to say that I prepared for it and only used 8 of my extra points this week. The true test that I am serious about this goal? I passed on the delicious, oh so tempting, and downright mouthwatering brownie, cookie, and carrot cake tray from Paradise Bakery. If you know me, and most of you do, you realize what an accomplishment that was!

yeah me!

I will do my best not to neglect my blog this week. I have so many things to share on the recipe and eating front, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it an awesome feeling when you find an exercise program that you love? I hate, hate, hate exercising and always have, but when I started doing karate an amazing thing happened! I love it, even though I'm the fat 40 year old in the class, with no waist to speak of to tie the belt around, and half the exercises make me pee myself, but I still love it!

    Thanks for reading my blog and for the follow!

    ReplyDelete