Sunday, January 24, 2010

Constant Cravings

Do you ever have those days where you are craving something, but no matter what you eat, it doesn't quite hit the spot? Yeah? It sucks doesn't it? Well, it sucks even worse when you can't afford the calories/points to find out what it is...

This has been a tough weekend for me food wise. Right after the high of losing 3.4 pounds last week, my body decides to take me to  rock bottom and tell me it is CONSTANTLY starving this weekend! And not for food, but for SUGAR! And not just ANY sugar..I've tried the ww low point "sweet" snacks.., no...it wants BAD sugar. Ice cream...candy, cookies, and Hostess cupcakes. The very foods that got us into the situation where losing 40 pounds is necessary.

It doesn't matter what I feed it to try to stay in my point range for the day, like cottage cheese and an orange which normally does the trick. Today, it just pissed off my stomach more. Made it scream louder...WTF!!!!??? I am trying to be healthy. I am following all the rules and I feel like my body is fighting against me this weekend...we are supposed to be a team.

Could be hormones, the weather, the stars...who knows! I do know after spending some time on FB I am not the only one with this problem today. And while that is comforting...my BFF who has cleaned out her refrigerator trying to calm her cravings. doesn't have 2 oz to lose off her body let alone say 32lbs!.....GRRR....

I know what you are thinking...give in to your body just this one time and eat those hostess cupcakes or that butterfinger heath blizzard from Dairy Queen...but I'm not going to...I'm going to "lock it up", eat dinner, eat fat free jello with cool whip and strawberries, drink tea, and count the hours until I can go to bed!

Tomorrow will be a new day...and hopefully, my body will be back in the game with me.

For any of you who have been in this same situation and have any helpful hints, I am all ears...which is better than all ass... :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have TONS of admiration for you and your strength for not giving in. I wish I could loose half my weight and be the peanut I was at 40yrs old, but I have no will power. When complaining about being a fatty, my daughter (bless her) told me that little,old mommys are supposed to be fat. Yes! But I will cheer you on, since you are still young. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie! I appreciate your support. I need all the cheering I can get this year! Thanks for reading my blog and for the sweet comments too!

    ReplyDelete