Friday, March 19, 2010

Vacation isn't supposed to be this exhausing....is it?

I have been on vacation for Spring Break this week. A whole week of vacation sounds like a dream, but holy crap, I feel like I need a week off to recover from being off for a week! I know I sound like a big fat whiner right now, but seriously, this week has been exhausing. AND as I sit down with a nice full glass of whine wine to recap my week with you all, I realize IT ISN'T OVER YET!

Monday was spent cleaning out our den to make it a "game" room for the kids...ridding it of all of my useless crap craft shit and trying to organize the stuff I actually use.

Tuesday was spent shopping for Bridesmaid and Flower Girl dressess for my nieces wedding. Probably my favorite day this week as with my weight loss, I didn't look like a fat cow in the sexy long strapless number we settled on. And seeing my daughter, the flower girl,  looking like a princess in all of the satin, tulle, and lace made me one proud mommy. That night was spent making Irish Carbomb Cupcakes and delivering them to people I love. OMG...you have to try the recipe I totally borrowed from The Vanilla Bean

Wednesday was St. Patrick's Day. I am 50% Irish so this holiday means a lot to me. I spent a lot of time remembering my mother who was 100% Irish. Our entire family traveled to Ireland 4 years ago to sprinkle her ashes in Galaway Bay on March 17. We spent the other 9 days drinking ourselves into a stupor...it was AWESOME! Anyway, the other part of the day was spent having breakfast with my husband and son, and then shopping for our kids with my hubby...It is always nice to get alone time together, even if it is spent running errands. Wednesday night was family meal at my sisters house. Corned Beef and Cabbage, Guiness, and THE cupcakes...it was yummmmmy!

Thursday we took the kids to Makutu's Island which is an indoor treehouse and arcade. After a few necessary rounds of Ms. PacMan and Galaga, my husdand and I spent the time playing Doodle Bowling on my iPhone...and of course, I am still trying to beat his high score. Thursday night was spent with a group of wonderful women who participate in our Stampin Up club...(scrapbooking, rubber stamping, cardmaking). Being creative can be freaking exhausing, but these women are so much fun, it is worth it!

Friday....today was spent running more errands including getting my poor dog groomed (see I F'ing HATE PETSMART blog later) cleaning my wreck of a house, worrying about my dad and youngest sister, and baking cookies for a few amazing women in my life who are having a bit of a rough time...those 3 ladies can expect some cookies fit for a queen in the mail this week! See....

Like I said....it isn't even close to being over...

Saturday...maintenance day for me...weigh in, gym, hair, manicure, pedicure. Oil change and car wash. Gymnastics for the kids. Shop for a wedding gift for our friend's wedding on Sunday. Single parent night for me so I need to find something fun for dinner and entertainment for the kids.

Sunday...Wedding...in which I have to get myself and two children ready to attend, find a way to get there as the only way in and out is closed for the weekend all by myself, as the hubs is the best man and is spending the night with the groom on Saturday night. Did I mention I think that is weird? It is his SECOND marriage and he is acting like he doesn't know what to expect...anyhoo...that is the wine talking. Once we get home from the wedding extravaganza while the bride and groom are heading to Hawaii for two weeks, I will be getting ready for our lives to be back to normal next week which means preparing food for the week, doing laundry, and whatever else comes my way.

Cannot believe I am saying this, but I cannot wait for Monday....I miss work. I miss my firends and  my team...but most of all, I miss my normal hectic schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Late St Pat's Day to you! (or should that be: Top O' The Mornin' to you?) Neither my husband nor I have a drop of Irish in us, but as we met working together in a London pub, found a way to make a real impression at an all-Irish St Pat's Day dinner with friends a few years ago.

    We dusted off our old bartending skills, bought a bottle each of Bailey's and Kahlua (Tia Maria would work as well) and a dozen shot glasses. Then we spent the evening 'tending bar' by making mini-Guinesses in the shot glasses. They were the hit of the evening! You have to try them next year. Here's how:

    Make sure you have the 'slow pouring spout' on the end of each alcohol bottle (it's also easier if the bottle are only half-full, so decant some out and replace as needed). Fill the shot glasses approx 2/3 full with Kahlua or Tia Maria --- any black liquor that works well with cream flavor. Then carefully tip the shot glasses to about 45degrees, and SLOWLY let the Bailey's slide on top for the foam layer. Two minutes to pour, two seconds to throw back....but so worth the effort. They look amazing! I can't link a picture here, but I'll post one on my blog sometime in the near future.

    Hope you get a chance to recover from your week soon. I bet you'll never again be so glad to see a Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DutchMac, how awesome was it working in a pub in London? I am envious. Being Irish I do love the Guiness, so the little yummy shot recipe you gave me above will be making an appearance at our next family meal! Thanks for the tip! Hope you have a great week as well!

    ReplyDelete