Thursday, March 18, 2010

40 Things I Love about Spring

I love Spring!!. It makes me happy, puts me in a good mood... next to Fall, it is my favorite season of the year. I live in Arizona, and besides the abundance of "snow birds" that flock here for the winter, Spring in the desert is the most gorgeous 2-3 months of the year here. To celebrate my love for this season, I put together a little list of the 40 things I love about Spring...
  1. Needing a sweater in the morning and short sleeves in the afternoon
  2. The smell of orange blossoms outside and my Gold Canyon Orange Blossom candle burning inside
  3. The sun
  4. The smell of new grass
  5. St. Patrick's Day
  6. Easter
  7. Spring Break- my first week of vacation each year with the kiddies
  8. Transition wardrobe from winter to summer
  9. Flip flops
  10. Pedicures- in preparation for flip flops and summer
  11. New blooms on my rose bushes
  12. The anticipation of summer (wait for my "40 things I don't love about summer" blog sometime in July)
  13. Because the rest of the country is in "thaw" mode, the turbulence isn't so bad when I travel
  14. Dying Easter Eggs
  15. Making Easter Baskets
  16. Easter Egg Hunt
  17. 40 days of reflection between Ash Wednesday and Easter
  18. T-shirts
  19. Shorts
  20. Baseball Spring Training Games with friends
  21. My car wash lasting more than a week
  22. Reading- Spring kicks off my non-stop reading marathon between now and the end of summer
  23. My wedding anniversary 
  24. Planning summer vacation
  25. Camping
  26. Flowers blooming
  27. Green everywhere! Everything is new, plants and trees are "waking up"...the earth is alive after winter...I LOVE IT!
  28. Memories of my grandmother visiting
  29. Memories of "Park & Swap" when I was a kid - many call it a flea market or swap meet, either way, it was a treat to get to go with my parents!
  30. Outside seating at restaurants
  31. Everyone seems to be in a good mood this time of year
  32. Ireland on St. Patrick's Day...the MOST incredible trip of my life thus far
  33. Scrapbooking
  34. Spring Cleaning...this year it has been about turning our den into a "game room" for the kids
  35. Blonde highlights
  36. Self Tanning lotion on my ghost white legs in order to wear #19
  37. Cool crisp nights
  38. Family meals outside
  39. My body requires less food...I'm kind of like an Eskimo and shed my fat coat this time of year
  40. Memories of my mother....she loved this time of year too.
Happy Spring everyone! I hope you share my enthusiasm for the beauty of this season....

No comments:

Post a Comment