Monday, March 8, 2010

13 years ago today....

this girl married a boy....not just any boy. THE boy. Now, I didn't know that at the time, it took quite a few years to come to the realization that this boy was THE boy,  who is now the MAN who turned this girl into the WOMAN she is today. Well, with some help from Mother Nature....

I'm not gonna lie, our marriage isn't perfect. I don't want a perfect marriage, because then I would be full of crap and totally medicated to deal with the pressure...no... Our marriage is happy and healthy. We have had many ups and downs in 13 years and almost didn't make it on a couple of occassions. Which means our marriage is NORMAL...

Marriage is hard for a reason. It makes you see who you are through another person's eyes. Which isn't always pretty...And I have long been told how perfect my husband is...by family, friends, and strangers. It used to piss me off and still does on occassion. But honestly, I have grown to understand what they all see... and let me tell you ladies, when you meet a man who can put up with unpredictable mood swings, "secret" credit card debt, 4 pregnancies, two children, 35 extra pounds, your crazy family (all 30 of them!), who does laundry, cooks, cleans, and is an incredible dad, who still finds you sexy no matter what you look like, not only should you marry him, you should thank God for such incredible luck.

So, in case you didn't already know, today is my wedding anniversary. And do you know what I did to show my husband how much I love and appreciate him? I was a total bitch this morning...for NO good reason, other than Monday mornings suck in our house!...believe me, I know how awful that is!!! I just went to that dark place before I could help myself. Of course I apologized immediately a couple hours later, but still felt awful all day. Because he loves me and knows that I have been having a rough time lately, he totally let me off the hook...AND brought me these:
Yes...I am thanking GOD and my lucky stars! Happy Anniversary baby. I LOVE YOU! and THANK you for loving me all of these years! I have your "present" for you later... wink wink...

No comments:

Post a Comment