Saturday, March 6, 2010

F-Me and a bag of sugar....

I weighed in this morning and guess what? I gained! I effing gained 2.2 lbs! I am so pissed at myself right now! Over the course of my three week "vacation" from my diet, exercise, and health goals, I have gained back 5 pounds! That is the equivelant of a bag of sugar, 5 boxes of butter, one hand weight, my favorite boots, a watermelon, and too many more things to mention. I have no one else to blame but myself and on the bright side, it could be worse...I could have gained back all 8 pounds I have lost this year. But I didn't...and I'm pretty sure my 2.2lb weight gain this week was the result of too much wine and salt and not enough water and excercise while traveling this week.
SO...I have two choices, be all about the excuses and wallow in self pity or put on my big girl pants, suck it up and in, and move on! Today, I choose....VODKA...nah...just kidding...Thought I would throw in a line from one of my fave movies...Can you name it? Okay, besides the Queen, I bet nobody guessed it right away...Bridgette Jones Diary.

I digress...could be because I have the attention span of a gnat these days...could be that my head is up my backside today, who knows!

What I do know is that I am going to stop being pissed at myself and start fresh. I have 14 pounds to go until my first goal of 10%. That is totally doable by the end of April... Next week, there WILL be a lower number on the scale!

Thanks for listening to me vent...I am good. I am great...and now, about that vodka....hmmmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found my blog! Thanks for following me! I'll follow you too. Sure, borrow the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Carol said (well, minus the poem thing). Nice to meet a new blog stalker, I mean, acquaintance/follower/friend/comrade/whatever. Forgive me for not being the most articulate of commentors. These stupid pregnancy hormones have sucked every last drop of intelligence I once had.

    Glad to have another girlie to internet-chat with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol!

    And amen DutchMac! Been there and done that twice. It does get much better...once they are two, your memory starts to come back, right when you wish it wouldn't. :)

    ReplyDelete