Monday, August 2, 2010

My Travel Playlist

Music is a critical part of my life. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it takes me from today to a moment back in time instantly. Every month I travel, I make a new playlist. It depends on the mood I am in and what I want to be thinking about on my 6 hour flight. This week, I was feeling a little down. Going through a rough time in my life on so many levels and missing my mom so much my heart hurts! Five years has gone by so fast. I feel like she is slipping away from me at a time when I could use her advice more than I ever have. She was the only person I would share my burden with. She would not judge me for my actions, my selfishness or my absolute stupidity. She would tell me, "life is short Andrea, be happy."  I would give anything just to hear those words from her right now.

This playlist was AWESOME. It was the perfect mix of fun and meloncholy all at the same time. And it brought me back in time and helped me remember her in good times and bad.

1. Missing You (my all time favorite song)- Diana Ross
2. Runaway Train- Soul Asylum
3. Don't Let it End- Styx
4. Separate Ways- Journey
5.Only Time Will Tell- Asia
6. Look Away- Chicago
7.Foolish Heart- Steve Perry
8.Lullaby- Dixie Chicks
9. Cold Day in July- Dixie Chicks
10.Love the Way you Lie- Eminem and Rhianna
11. Run Around Sue- Dions
12. Feeling Good- Nina Simone
13. What a Fool Believes- Doobie Brothers
14. Dust in the Wind- Kansas
15. I Go Crazy- Paul Davis
16. Cat's in the Cradle- Harry Chapin
17. If you Leave me Now- Chicago
18.Losing my Religion- REM
19. The Way you Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra
20. Butterfly Kisses-
21. Time for me to Fly- REO Speedwagon
22. How to Save a Life-Fray
23. Beautiful- James Blunt
24. Last Kiss- Pearl Jam
25. The Dance- Garth Brooks
26. Here without You- 3 Doors Down

Many of these songs remind me of times in my life when my mom was there for me the most. Anytime my heart was breaking, or I let her down, or I felt lonely....

Yes, they may be depressing, but they actually lightened my heavy heart and put me in a good place to do what I need to make things better. These songs are about loss...of love, life, or otherwise...but at the end of the day, there is always somebody out there with worse problems than I have. And just when I think I am alone, God puts someone in my path to remind me that not only am I not alone, I am not crazy.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment