Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Girl

Three years ago today we were blessed with our baby girl. After a couple failed and painful attempts at having a second child we gave it one more try. Could be the fertility statue I rubbed in a castle in Ireland, could be that my mother had a talk with God and Mother Nature, could be that we were just ready. Whatever it was, I remember the tears we cried when we found out I was pregnant and there was a viable heartbeat. I remember the absolute joy we felt when we found out it was a girl. I remember how beautiful I felt all throughout my pregnancy. I remember going to the hospital for the delivery and I remember the minute she was born. She was more beautfiul than I pictured and she was healthy and I was once again in love.

She is definitely a handful and putting our parenting skills to the test with the terrible twos but the good definitely outweighs the odds.

I love your laugh
I love your personality
I love your curly hair
I love the way you make me feel with just a smile and hug
I love how you dance freely when music is playing
I love the artwork that adorns our kitchen table
I love that you are curious and smarter than I could have ever dreamed
I love that you are ALL girl, barbies, books, babies, and princesses oh my!
I love that you want me to paint your nails
I love that I get to see your daddy melt when you doing ANYTHING
I am excited to teach you all the things you need to know to be a strong woman
I love that I must have done something right to be blessed with you!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl! You are my salvation, heart, and soul and I wouldn't change one thing about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment