Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day One of NaBloPoMo

So I get this email about NaBloPoMo which is the challenge of posting something, anything, every day for the month of August. As if the weekly reminder I haven't updated my blog from my dear friend wasn't enough...I get this, a dare...a double dog dare to post every day....that is 31 days in a ROW! Of course the topic they gave this month was "green"...And I'm all for the environment, I recycle...but that isn't an enticing enough topic for me to blog about.....So I am going to wing it...

I traveled from Arizona to North Carolina today as I do at least once a month every month. Normally I do not travel on Sunday's, but my meeting is on Monday and I had no choice. Here is what I observed in my 6 hour travel adventure:

1. I have been lonely lately...not sure why as I don't have one minute of peace in my everyday life...but a feeling of loniless none the less...I never ever talk to anybody on the plane...and I mean NEVER...It isn't that I am anitsocial, but I am anti-flying...a chicken shit of the airways...anyhoo....I go through my normal ritual of pulling out my iPod and book and put them in my seat as I hoist my bag in the stuffed over head compartment. And low and behold....not only does the Kevin Bacon look alike strike up a converstation with me immediately, I don't have my normal "oh crap, are you going to talk my ear off the entire flight?" feeling! We talk for a good 75% of the flight! I don't read, I don't work, I don't listen to music, I don't even notice the turbulence... I have one of the funnest conversations I have had in  a while! Thank you  Green Bay Packer fan from Charolette by way of Salt Lake City! You were a gift to me today!

2. I am hoping to actually SEE the airport in Charolette NC. I hear it is  beautiful but I wouldn't know as my less than favorite airline makes it so I have to RUN until I puke to make my connection!
3. Some men are still gentlemen.... I'm out of breath, pissed off that I just made my flight, breaking my shoe in the process, and there in seat 1B next to me  is the nicest man on the planet. Not only does he find room in the overhead compartment for my bag, he spends the 28 minute flight talking about his wife of 26 years, his kids and marriage and all of the things I have been struggling with lately...it's like God knew I needed you and you were there...so thank YOU commercial real estate romantic from Charolette to Raleigh...
4. If you open your heart, good things DO happen
5. Bloody Mary's on an airplane taste 10 times better than a bar or at home
6. My husband is right, we need to move away from AZ to enjoy the rest of this beautiful country and our marriage, starting with a vacation to Hawaii, or San Fransisco or ANYWHERE!
7. Boys who play college football are hot! Boy from Clemson College in seat 7D reading a book from my favorite author, you can stare at my butt when I am storing my laptop bag under the  seat in front of me anytime. LOL! :)
8. Having flashbacks throughout the flight of your husband jumping you on your new couch when you are teasing him about men at work checking you out, isn't a bad thing....
9. The feeling of losing 8 pounds in 4 weeks is encouraging
10. Using a pen and paper to write down all the clutter in your head is empowering
11. Knowing and embracing confidence as a woman is sexy
12. The Marriott in downtown Durham has the best Caprese Salad, grilled salmon and smoked cream corn ever!
13. Asparagus does in fact make your pee smell funny...:)

That's all I can think of for now, the 3 hour time difference is brutal and my thought process is fuzzy...

more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment