Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mother of the Year...

My fireplace mantel is overflowing with the trophy's people. I know you are jealous, but don't fret. You too can win a "Mother of the Year" award! We have all done it, our kids have all suffered from it, and  dammit, we should be proud of it!!!

You know what I am talking about. Those little mirrors we call children. The moments when you KNOW they are learning from you. And I don't mean when they brush their teeth, finish their vegetables, and pick up their clothes without being asked. No, I mean the moment you realize they hear every word you say and see every move you make.

There are so many stories I can recall and more get added everyday. So as my gift to you, current and future Mother's of the Year, I am going to share a new MOTY story with you each week! Please feel free to post your own, as I know I am not alone and LOVE to laugh!

MOTY Trophy #1:

My nephew turned 10 this week and we went to my sisters house for dinner to celebrate. When I asked baby girl (2.5 years old) what we should get cousin #9 for his birthday, she thought hard about it and said:
"Mommy, we should get him Smarties, Cheetos, and Nemo Fish Snacks"!!! Apparently, her 3 favorite food groups.

Oh yea, MOTY!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, there are so many to choose from! The first to come to my mind was when my darling little monster was trying to point out a spider that he swore was underneath our gorgeous buffet that sits on top of questionable laminate flooring. When I said 'What do you see, honey?' he replied 'A lot of dust.'

    My cup overfloweth-ed with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DutchMac...Love it!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete