Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Genius...apparently not!

I love music. It is the most consistent joy in my life. It can put me in the best mood, make me get my groove on, dance around the kitchen, cry, bring me back to an exact moment in time, and well just make me feel better! That being said.....Am I the last person on the iPod using planet to discover the most awesome little function called Genius on iTunes? And by discover, I mean a close friend told me about it, I didn't even find it myself and I am out there ALL OF THE TIME! This is where I would make a sarcastic comment and say "genius"...no pun intended...

So...having decided to get back into working out, I needed new music to run my ass  butt of to. My old list was predictable, wasn't doing it for me, and basically sucked...

I selected Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys (judge me if you dare, but this will go down as one of my all time favorite songs! And I would bet money you know all the words and don't switch the station when it comes on the radio!) Anyhoo....I selected my song and viola! here is the list that iTunes created for me.

Now, it is fair to say I have been in a bitchy mood  funk as of late and even fairer to say I have had a disappointing health issue that made me hate exercise no interest whatsoever in working out. But I dragged my booty  ass to the gym and discovered that iTunes did me VERY VERY well! This "little" list which I share with you as a present from me, helped me walk/run 3 miles and burn over 600 calories tonight!

Of course this list was based on my music library which is ginormous. Feel free to enjoy this list the next time you need to work off some aggression at the gym. I promise, you will not be disappointed!


  1. One, Two Step- Ciara
  2. My Humps- Black Eyed Peas
  3. Love Lockdown- Kanye West
  4. Do You Think I'm Sexy- Rod Stewart (Oh yea, I've seen him in concert twice...Once with the Queen)
  5. Rythym is a Dancer-Snap!
  6. Right Round- Flo  Rida
  7. Poker Face- Lady Gaga
  8. Womanizer- Britney Spears
  9. Tik Tok- Ke$ha
  10. Can you Forgive Her- Pet Shop Boys
  11. Wish You Were Here- Incubus
  12. Everlong- Foo Fighters (My ALL TIME FAVORITE song to run to)
  13. Twilight Zone- Golden Earring
  14. Yeah- Usher
  15. Pepper- Butthole Surfers
  16. Numb-Encore- Linkin Park/Jay Z (Another gem when running)
  17. Missing- Everything but the Girl
  18. Fergalicious- Fergie
  19. Paralyzer- Finger Eleven
  20. Without Me- Eminem
  21. Stonger- Kayne West
  22. The Most Fun a Girl Can Have- Panic at the Disco
  23. Hit that Perfect Beat- Bronski Beat
  24. Shake That- Eminem
  25. Brass Monkey- Beastie Boys
  26. Nuthin But A "G"thang- Dr. Dre
  27. Rappers Delight- Sugar Hill Gang
  28. Ass Like That- Eminem
  29. It's Like That- Run DMC
  30. Me, Myself and I- De La Soul ( I didn't even know I had this song in my library)
  31. Don't Believe the Hype- Public Enemy
  32. Supersonic- JJ Fad
  33. You Talk Too Much- Run DMC
  34. Show Me The Money- Petey Pablo
  35. No Sleep Till Brooklyn- Beastie Boys
  36. Funky Cold Medina- Ton Loc (oh yea baby)
  37. U Can't Touch This- MC Hammer
  38. This is Why I'm Hot- Mims
  39. Crack a Bottle- Eminem
  40. Square Dance Rap- Sir Mix-a-lot (WTF? I know right?)
  41. Switch- Will Smith
  42. Go Girl- Pitbull
Thank you to my BFF for showing me what I'm sure is brand new technology...

and... You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment