Monday, February 22, 2010

Where does the time go?

So today me and my team had to present our account plan for the upcoming year to our executive board. At the end of our presentation, my boss stands up and announces to the team that he would like to celebrate me...or rather my 15 year anniversary with my company. I actually had no idea he was going to do this or that I had reached 15 years with my current employer! Holy cow...where in the hell does the time go? I started with this company in 1992 and through several mergers  and a couple leaves to explore other career options, have apparently worked there for 15 of the last 18 years...I was a baby back then.

Here is what has happened to me since 1992
  • met my still #1 BFF of 18 years at said company
  • met my husband
  • got married
  • bought our first house
  • graduated from college
  • gave birth to my son
  • met #2 and #3 BFF at said company
  • learned that happy hour is actually plural and never ends in just an hour...LOL!
  • sold our first house and bought our second house
  • lost both my father-in-law and mother in the same year
  • visited Ireland
  • gave birth to my daughter
  • got asked to come back to said company in the job I always wanted with a big fat pay raise
  • lost my sister in law to breast cancer
  • became a great aunt
Those are just the highlights, but in reading this list, I realize I have grown up at this company. They have been so good to me over the years. I have met so many people that I now consider my close friends and family. So while 15 years doesn't seem so exciting, I am so truly blessed that I have a job, that I love the job I have, and that I work for a company that takes time to recognize the contributions of its employees.

15 years....15 years! (said in the voice of Jeremy Piven in Grosse Point Blank) and if you haven't seen that movie, or know what I am talking about, stop what you are doing and rent it..NOW! Actually, that is a movie worth owning! Oh hell, throw the soundtrack in too. Just a little tip from me...you will love both! and if you don't, you have no taste...sorry, but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment