Saturday, February 6, 2010

Progress Report

Yeah!! It is Saturday. I LOVE Saturday. Absolutely my favorite day of the week! It is the one day of the week that has endless possibilities of what to do with my time. I mean during the week, I have to work, not much of a choice there. And Sunday, well, Sunday is the day to catch up on what I didn't do during the week due to work. Sunday is laundry day, grocery shopping day, prepare food for the week day, get the kids ready for the week day...Sunday, yes, is probably my least favorite day of the week.

 
Okay, where am I going with this post?? Oh yes, the point of my post is to do a check up on the "list". The first month of this year flew by like a bird on crack...quick and blurry. I woke up this morning thinking how happy I was that it was Saturday and I have no plans today and what did I want to do on this my favorite day of the week?...and then I realized I had forgotten my list!!!! How in the hell did that happen? The whole point of this blog is the list.  So let's rip off the band-aid together and see if I have made ANY progress at all shall we? here goes....     
  1. Lose 40 pounds before I am 40- scale will read 135 or less on my last weigh in before 1/31/2011! I am down 8 lbs thus far!! 
  2. See the Grand Canyon (I have lived in this state for over 30 years and NEVER seen it!) - This is planned for our family camping trip this summer either May or June.
  3. Read Gone with the Wind- my all time favorite movie, I bet the book is just as amazing - In progress! I started reading it in January and will probably finish it on my next two business trips. 
  4. Explore my faith- I am a spiritual person to my core, I am just very conflicted about religion - In progress. I bought the most interesting book on this topic. It is called Religions of America and it does a fair job of describing the backgrounds and beliefs of each religion.
  5. Take an unplanned road trip with my family, just get in the car and drive somewhere we haven't been  
  6. Spend alone time with my children individually each month- mommy and me dates if you will  
  7. 30 days of sex in April- I told you my husband helped with this list...but honestly, this one will be fun!  
  8. Take golf lessons  
  9. Play 18 holes of golf  
  10. Complete the WW Couch to 5K by March - I can run/walk 2 miles in 20 minutes...I am getting close
  11. Go to a Suns game and sit in seats that don't make my nose bleed  
  12. Go to a Cardinals game in the new stadium 
  13. Upgrade to First Class on one of my monthly business trips...round trip!- I am traveling to NC in two weeks...i am hoping they upgrade me. If not, I am going to pay for it myself for my trip to Baltimore in March
  14. Play craps in Vegas- Going in April baby!
  15. Start and finish baby girls first year scrapbook 
  16. Learn a new language- more than likely Spanish though Korean would be helpful when getting my pedicures... :)  
  17. Learn to do tile backsplashes and do one in my kitchen and back bathroom  
  18. Save enough $$ to buy a pair of Jimmy Choo black pumps- come on, I needed one shoe goal!  
  19. Rub my husband once a week - I am doing okay on this one...though he may disagree
  20. Schedule appreciation dates with each of my sisters individually  
  21. Do not commit to plans with friends and bail at the last minute - So far so good on this one! Maria will keep me honest too!
  22. Deactivate my Facebook account- this is going to be a tough one!  To my husbands absolute amazement, this one is DONE!!
  23. Pick one room a month and toss out all of the useless crap I have accumulated over the years - I am starting on the den this weekend!
  24. Do not purchase OR read any gossip magazines including People, US, Star, OK!- Hell, the money I save on that will help me check off goal #17. - NOT A ONE so far!!! Woo hoo!
Okay, so it isn't the greatest, but I AM making progress. Looking at the list reminds me of how much I still have to accomplish this year. And how much fun many of them are going to be!

Hope today is YOUR favorite day of this week!

Later peeps I am headed to Weight Watchers to weigh in this week...

1 comment:

  1. ANDREA! What the heck? Are you trying to disappear? I know you think the title sounds catchy -- and it does -- but 40 pounds? You HAVE to know that's way more than you need to lose. Are you having a close to mid-life crisis? And WHAT'S with cancelling your FB account?! How am I going to bother you now? I mean, I know I can bother you here, but it's not the same! Are you trying to make me ashamed that I'm such a ridiculously addicted loser? Because I am -- and I know it -- and I'm going to be 40 in a couple of WEEKS, so I really don't have any time left to improve on myself! AAAHHHH! You're going to send me into therapy!

    I do, however, share that certain very brave friend with you, who is battling the worst disease imaginable, and doing so with an amazingly positive attitude. So, even though it sucks to be turning 40, I am reminded that it's also AWESOME to be turning 40. I'll let you know what falls apart on me this year, so you'll know what you should REALLY be focusing on fixing before your big day ;)

    ReplyDelete