Saturday, February 13, 2010

OMG...I'm an Addict!

I recently read an article that said you are an "addictive" personality if you can easily name 5 things you cannot live without. Holy crap people, I am an addict! And no, I'm not talking about drugs or even alcohol.. but I am definitely an addict...an addictive personality...I am crazy about it sometimes. I rattled off way more than 5 things in the blink of an eye. I was sure that everyone sitting around me in the doctor's office could see me blushing and sinking lower in my chair. I was embarrassed by my own thoughts. Could it be? Am I this person described in the outdated "popular women's magazine" in the waiting room of a doctor's office? Should I be ashamed? Then I thought hell no! I am who I am, and the things I am addicted to are awesome! I'm not abnormal...and you know what, I'm not even going to apologize. Nope...not even close. Because once you read the list of things I am addicted to, you will probably have to agree that you are ALSO an addict!
here goes.. 10 things I am addicted to and pretty damn sure I cannot live without:

1. My iPhone- I cannot put it down. Anyone I talk to on a regular basis will tell you my service sucks ass,    but I don't care. I LOVE that phone. EVERYTHING is at my fingertips. It makes me happy just holding it.
2. Shoes- I don't care who you are. If you are a woman, you own at least 5 pairs of black shoes, and totally know why! My husband doesn't get this...never has, never will...and you know what? I don't care.. I love my pumps, stilettos, flip flops, peep toe pumps, and sexy strappy sandals...oh and my tall boots too!
3. iTunes/iPod- since receiving my favorite gift by my very thoughtful husband 3 years ago, I have spent countless hours and $$ on iTunes. I love my iPod. It is the one thing I cannot leave home without.  And when I do, it is like a missing child to me. Thank you mr. Apple for inventing it! I love you forever and ever amen.
4. Diet Coke- While this habit has certainly become much smaller, I am still addicted to Diet Coke. I used to drink up to 6 a day! But now that I am on a quest to be healthy, that is down to 1 a day. And it has to be Diet Coke. the ONLY time I will drink Diet Pepsi is at a restaurant with less than stellar taste in fountain drinks and even then I have to drink it with lemon. Diet Coke...you rock my world!
5. Make Up- in my family I am known as the "make-up whore" and it is meant as a compliment. I own more eye shadows and lipsticks than Tammy Fay Baker, I just don't wear them all at once, and I definitely blend...i love make up. It makes me feel pretty and I don't like to wear the same neutral colors every day.
6. Body Shop Mango Body Butter and Scrub- cannot live without either. They make my skin all glowy and soft. I slather them on everyday in the shower and out! and they smell yummy!
7. Soma Intimates Lingerie- I love the way they make me look and feel and they come in the most beautiful colors. I have thrown out all of my other bras and panties from Victoria's Secret...she is a hag that charges too much for her secrets that fall apart! Fredericks...I still love you too! every woman needs to feel sexy and this place delivers!
8. Baking- I love baking cakes, cookies, fudge, etc...I love making goody bags every holiday for my closest friends and family. I spend a ridiculous amount of money to make both my daughter and sons birthday cakes , but it so much fun and yes, the oohs aahs and  compliments are addicting!
9. TiVo- this little invention is a gift from God! I love TV. It is my way to unwind and chill. TiVo/DVR  has allowed me to relax knowing that all of my favorite shows will be there when I am ready to watch them WiTHOUT commercials. Yes, I LOVE my TiVo!
10. Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month- Ice cream is my one downfall. I can go the rest of my life without eating bread, fried food, and potato chips, but I CANNOT go without ice cream and DQ is my favorite. They have recently introduced the blizzard of the month... for those of you who do not know what a blizzard is, it is a delicious dessert of ice cream whipped together with candy, cookies, etc. It is ridiculously good and makes you crave them daily!
11. honorary mention- Facebook- I had to add this one. I used to spend hours reading status', taking quizzes, tending a fake farm, looking at photos. It was a definite addiction. It is a great way to keep in touch with people and I LOVED it. It just took a bad turn for me recently and I realized I just didn't need to worry about what everyone was up to so often. It was hard to deactivate my account and I do miss it, but I am two weeks "sober" and have survived not knowing what my friends and long distance acquaintances are up to minute by minute. And you know what the funny thing is? Out of the almost 300 "friends" I had, only a fraction of them have even noticed my absence.

I am an addict...helloooo.....would I need to lose 40 pounds if I wasn't? Duh!

Oh and "popular women's magazine", you can kiss my iPhone carrying, iPod playing, sexy shoe wearing, Diet Coke drinking, make up wearing, sexy lingerie loving, ADDICTED ass! Smmmoooooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment