Saturday, February 20, 2010

Traveling on a diet sucks!

I travel for my job. Once a month, I hop on a plane and fly to North Carolina to visit my customer. I hate to fly, but I love to travel. However, I must admit, traveling on a diet SUCKS!

I am a rockstar Weight Watchers follower. I prepare my food for the week every Sunday..I make my lunch and snacks for work every morning. I know exactly how many points are in my bag at any given time! I know that as long as I have 6-8 points left by the time I get home, I am good. It is going to be a successful day.

This has been my first trip since I started my journey this year and it was really tough for me. I know how to make good choices when eating out. It is just very difficult to make the right choices for ALL of your meals, EVERY day for 3 days without your measuring cups, spoons, and food scale, you know? . Airports aren't exactly crawling with healthy choices and it would be rude to ask my customer if it would be okay to just eat Subway for dinner...wouldn't it?

In the end,  I did not do that great this week. But I am back on the horse, wagon, whatever you want to call it. I have my next trip in two weeks and I have some time to do a little more research and prepare myself a little better the next time around.

If you have any helpful hints to share with me, I am all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment