Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hello gorgeous!!

Have you ever lost something important but did not realize how much you valued it until you found it again? You never even knew it was missing until it turned up unexpectedly one day and the feeling of absolute joy took over? You immediately missed it and swore to never again let it out of your sight?
That is what happened when I looked in the mirror today. I was getting ready for work, running VERY late, knowing I had no coffee in my apartment, bitching myself out for getting home way too late and not getting enough sleep…, but it was one of those days that my hair came out exactly the way I love it. My face is flawless and breakout free… my eyes were sparkling, I was rocking my new smaller dress size, my legs looked hot in my new Bandolino shoes…all the good things. No flaws, for this lead pipe queen to beat herself up over…Then something incredible happened…As I was surveying my appearance in the mirror, I saw a person I used to know and love. Myself.

I have gone through some serious shit lately, stuff that makes you evaluate who you are and what you want out of your life. I’ve driven my family, friends and myself nuts with my constant sadness. I have done some serious soul searching looking for answers to questions that have no solution (and for anyone who knows me, you know that my Type A personality needs answers!)…wondering when this period of sadness would end…when would I find myself again? Would I EVER find me again?

Well today is the first day I have seen the confident, funny, intelligent, sexy girl I used to know and love. I don’t even know how long she’s been gone. But guess what, it feels so good, to have her back; I’m putting her in a lock box so I never lose her again.

Thank you God, not necessarily for providing me with answers to my questions, but the path and the people to finding my way out of darkness. Thank you for helping me find myself. Amen!

1 comment: