Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Mothers Day comes with mixed emotions for me. On one hand, I am sad...my mother died 5 years ago and I still miss her. To this day, anytime I walk by a display of Mothers Day cards I feel my chest tighten and my eyes water.

On the other hand, the positive happy hand, I realize of all the things in my life, I love being a mother the most! I have two of the most incredible children a woman could ask for. They are naughty, and smart, and beautiful, and sometimes drive me to need a cocktail, but at the end of the day, I am BLESSED beyond belief! They honestly make me a better person.  No matter what kind of day I have had, I can always count on them for hugs, kisses, laughter and love. That kind of unconditional love is addicting. And even though I feel less than perfect at times, I know in my heart of hearts I am an incredible mother...and my own mother would be proud of me.

Thank you God and Mother Nature for this gift. I won't let you down. I am raising happy and crazy, well adjusted children. Happy Mothers Day to you and all of my blog reading/writing incredibe mothers!

I hope it is a great day for all Mothers out there! Mine started with coffee and kisses in bed...it is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment